09 November 2010

Wedding Cake Toppers


I think I'm absolutely obsessing about Polymer Clay.  Since I've started just about a month ago I've been searching the Internet for ideas for my next creations I'm going to try my hand at.  I've been curious about those cake toppers that I've seen online.  I thought it was a great idea as we all know you get something like this done at a cake shop and then it gets put away in a container for a bit and then it has to be thrown out eventually. With Polymer Clay toppers you can always put it away, and then bring it out every year or whenever you have a special something happening... depending on the type of topper you have made. 

I found this video on YouTube and thought I'd share.  I thought the dresses were beautiful and I like the idea of the "not so realistic" look that they have.  I also found a great site called Feats of Clay by Sarah and I enjoyed reading a bit about her....
Not forgetting long suffering husband Allan, who seems to permanently walk around the house with bits of clay stuck to his socks!
For those of us who work with the clay... I know I get bits of it stuck on my socks and had a bit of a chuckle when I read it.  I think I may just have to give this a try and see where it takes me.  I like the idea of cake toppers and the idea that they can be kept forever really, first on your cake and then on a shelf... added to another cake... and it goes on and on. 

See, this is where I just start to get carried away and it's so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...