26 December 2010

A delightful cup of Tea

 As you may not know I love a nice cup of tea and this Christmas my Mum and Dad bought me a fabulous RED teapot.  They know my favourite colour and I am just now enjoying my first cup of tea goodness!


I have been making a few changes to how I'm listing those great sites that I come across and add to my site for anyone to take a peek at.  I'm starting to think I'm a little link crazy though... and may need to figure out how to put those sites on my site without taking up the whole sidebar.  I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas this year and got everything they desired and more :)

 Besides the fabulous teapot I recevied I also got a clay extruder.  I'm going to give it a whirl and see how it goes.  I went to their website, because they said that they had some clay ideas and projects... and I was sadly a bit disappointed with the projects.  I'm hoping that somewhere in the future that WalnutHollow.com will come up with some more ideas, because I would have thought that with a Clay Extruder you could do so many new things.  Since I'm an absolute newbie to it... I'm not even sure what I can do with it.  It looks like there could be endless possibilities but I'm currently at a bit of a loss. 

I'm not sure if anyone else has used the Walnut Hollow Extruder and have any tips or tricks on using it, or even some projects I could try using the extruder would be awesome.  I'm finding myself full of ideas bouncing from making little characters and then I'm off to the races trying out making some beads, then I'm trying some jewelery designs, going through my beading magazines and then back to making polymer miniature foods for jewelery.  I feel like I'm all over the map, and I find that there are some people with blogs dedicated to just one thing...I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY DO THAT!  As I'd be wanting to try everything I can think of or even see online.

I really don't know how they stay on one topic... as I would find it so hard to do!


So I'm off to enjoy another cup of tea and try making some cute little
characters I think, something not too hard to do and it can a bit of fun like little birds, cats and maybe a dog... see where it goes.

I also see on Flickr and even on Etsy that many of us put our little creations up against rocks, sticks, and little backgrounds.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to look into that a bit more and even try to focus on the lighting for the shots, because some of them are coming out a bit dark or not quite as appealing as I think they should be.

I'm curious how long many of you spend some time setting up your shots of your creations?  Do you just wing it and add them or do you take some time setting up the scene?  Do you spend much time processing it - like adding your copyright or link or anything like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...