21 January 2011

Wall and Fridge Art

So even though I've been looking at working on some miniature foods with the awesome books that I received this week, I keep rolling back to doing little bits of wall/fridge art.  I'm not sure if it's just because I find it a bit easier to let my imagination go on these things and it's a lot less finicky... and I'm not so worried about perfection.  I just enjoy it.

So this is what I've been up to this past week.... and it's been fun!


A day at the beach

I have to say I enjoyed my Day at the Beach bit of wall art, because for the first time I made those little palm trees, and didn't reference anything for this picture.  I used old scrap clay for the base and the trunks of the trees and then rolled out combinations of colours to make the ocean, sky and the little crab.  It was fun to make and took a bit of time to put it together, but it was seriously fun  (yes, I know ... it was fun!! Heh.)

My bit of a skyline
 My skyline put together and I threw in a bit of wire to holdup the moon.  It was again placed on some scrap clay and then colours placed over top, outlined in black... throw in some wire and a moon and I think it turned out to be rather fun and colourful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...