|Please bare with mne as I try to figure out how|
to use wire with my polymer clay!
|I added tin foil to the wire for filler. I figured |
this was the best way to do it so the little
character I was making didn't end up weighing
300 pounds :)
|My little starfish... I loved how it turned out!|
|My little characters skirt... not at all typical|
|She's slowly coming together, skirt in place|
and then I put together her arms and upper body.
I wanted her top to look like rolling seaweed
strands with little pearls.
|All together at last. I added some acrylic paint|
to give her a more earthy look. I also removed
the tin foil from her head - too bumpy to
use tin foil, so I just used the clay.
|I really like how she turned out, being this|
is the first time I've ever attempted something
like this :)
|I added some knitting yarn to her for hair|
and to give a bit more va va voom. I think
she needs a bit more hair to fill things out.
I've got a couple of books on making polymer clay characters and since I'm in the mood ot make more... I think I'll give those books a go and see where it takes me. It should be interesting to try to follow step by step rather than the last couple of projects I've put together where it's all been done rather willy-nilly out of my head.