12 February 2011

A creative wobble

I must have one of those wobbles every couple of days.... I just sometimes get very caught up in the beauty of other fabulously crafty and creative people and their websites and feel like I need to step it up.  I found some really fun, whimiscal sites and I love what they do and their creativity just seems to explode from their websites.  Some I've seen have to do with scrapbooking and I see these women who have whole rooms dedicated to their crafts!  I have serious envy, since I'm working at my kitchen table.

Since the site has primarily focused on polymer clay and a smidge of bead work, I'd love to try new things.  I'd like to get back into graphic design and maybe put out some free web templates for anyone to use, maybe try some digital scrapbooking... maybe even try the hands on kind of scrapbooking where you need to cut things out and glue them!  I'd like to try some more wire bead working and make some fun earrings or a necklace.  I need to find my journal and give myself some time for drawing out some new ideas for clay... or just to draw.  Maybe I'll get into creating Etsy store fronts.... I don't know.  I feel like I want to burst and feel really really restricted.... monitarily - because it takes money to get the programs, the equipment, the foot in the door for Etsy and my budget is pretty tight.  Where there's a will there's a way right??  LOL.

I'm not even sure I should be posting that I'm feeling this way... since most of the blogs I've come across keep it pretty professional and stick to the topic at hand.  I just feel like blabbing and this is my place to do it. 

I figure since it's my blog and my fan base isn't all that huge I won't be insulting anyone or making anyone move away from reading this blog if I happen to splurge and go in a few different directions and then share my little adventures with you.  If you don't like it, wait a couple of days and I'm sure my focus will switch to something different... since I can never really focus on just one thing... ever!


Some ideas I have so far:
  • Create my own website, to blog and sell my stuff
  • Get back into my graphic design and create a free web template
  • Get back into Digital Scrapbooking
  • Try my luck with hands on Scrapbooking... paper cutters and all that good stuff
  • Try making miniature food
  • Create some wire beading and make some earrings
  • *maybe* try a selling at a craft show (it really depends on what I've done and how much it would $$)
It's a start right... and I'm all for trying something different!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...